Small Commercial Vessel Association
Do you use your boat for work? If so read this important note!
The Small Commercial Vessel Association – Ontario Region is a group of Commercial boat operators vounteering to support you.
Are you familiar with Transport Canada’s vessel regulations concerning vessel registration and operator licensing?
Are you aware:
- That any size boat that is used for profit in the operation of any business, even part time, is considered a commercial vessel and requires a commercial vessel registration number?
- The operator may require more than a pleasure craft operator’s card (PCOC), such as MED, Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) or Master Limited?
- Transport Canada no longer performs inspections on vessels under 15 gross tons?
- It is your responsibility to ‘self-inspect’ your own vessel and complete the Blue Decal small vessel compliance program?
- If your vessel does not meet the regulations under the CSA 2001 regulations that apply to commercial vessels, your insurance company may not pay in case of a claim?
Our group of volunteers have experienced challenges with many of the existing and proposed Transport Canada Vessel regulations.
We’ve established an association to provide a unified voice for Small Commercial Vessel Operators in order to establish a consultative process with Transport Canada and all relevant government bodies provincially and nationally.”
Check out our website and join us today
SMALL COMMERCIAL VESSEL ASSOCIATION – Ontario Region
2015 Membership application
Please print form and follow instructions on bottom.
Thank you for your support!
GREAT RATES AND PROFIT SHARING OFFERED TO MEMBERS ON MARINE INSURANCE CONTACT: